- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and operations of all building systems including refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for reporting any issues/malfunctions on an as needed basis.
- Perform preventative tasks.
- Ensure that safety and structural standards are met throughout the completion of each project.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations and summon additional assistance when needed.
- Consult with tenants to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Perform inspections and repairs to assigned properties interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Ensure the availability of the inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building.
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building’s infrastructure.
- Evaluate all costs associated with each project including materials, costs of labor, and time expended.
- Review and complete assigned work orders. Gather all necessary materials needed to complete.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of related experience
- Knowledgeable of commercial maintenance processes
- Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations
- Maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with contractors
- Punctual, organized, and sense of urgency